Monday, March 26, 2012

Making Us Proud

My husband and son got all dressed up this evening to go to their boy scout meeting.  It was a review night and they both looked so sharp!


They came home in a great mood and my husband was very proud of our son as he earned his rank advancement this evening.
When he told him to come tell me about it, my son rushed in grinning and said, "Home school is paying off mom!"
I said, "What do you mean?"
He said, "I was able to not only answer a question about our constitutional rights but give them a list of them and how they applied to me.  I did really well on that question."

I was pretty excited and extremely pleased to hear that some of the material he has learned in the last few months is already beginning to make a difference. He's not just learning.  He's retaining information.  He's applying it to his life.

This is the kind of news that would make any home school parent proud!  What we do does make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment